Sooner or later, Brother MFP customers often struggle to keep fax performance up to speed with their business.
User volumes and document flows inevitably grow over time. Any problem of growth is a good one to have, but it’s a problem nonetheless. For instance, while running (or trying to run) outbound faxing through your MFP fleet, have you encountered issues like these?
- Increasing telephony and devices costs that don’t add much value to your business
- Difficulty knowing which faxes actually arrived, let alone tracking the ones that did
- Frequent outbound failures that waste staff time
It’s discouraging when devices that represent such significant investment start turning into pain points. Consequently, many Brother MFP/MFD users start looking for a more robust, enterprise-grade fax server solution.
Cost-Effective Faxing with Brother + RightFax
OpenText, maker of RightFax, offers two ways to hook your device fleet into its flagship fax server.
The SMTP connector creates a fast, secure process for fax-to-email delivery. For practically any device, you can expect:
- Cost-effective faxing even at high scale and speed
- Custom cover sheets and sender notes
- Real-time confirmations and notifications
- Single sign-on (SSO), if the MFP supports it
The XML connector offers the same functionalities, but typically requires a little bit of custom development. Depending on your unique workflow and plans for fax service growth, either the SMTP or XML connector could be the more cost-effective choice for your Brother devices.
We encourage you to contact our team to get pointed in the right direction.
Which Brother MFPs Work with Rightfax?
The SMTP and XML connectors are universal, generic options. Generally speaking, they work with every networked device that Brother makes.
As of writing, these models include:
- MFC-J5830DW XL
- MFC-J5845DW XL
- MFC-J6535DW XL
- MFC-J6545DW XL
- MFC-J775DW XL
- MFC-J985DW XL
- MFC-L2750DW XL